- 1 Golden Retriever puppy price in India
- 2 Golden Retriever price list in India
- 3 How to choose a pure breed Golden Retriever in India?
- 4 Factors that influence the Golden Retriever price in India
- 4.1 Golden Retriever Puppy cost
- 4.2 The breeder factor
- 4.3 The dog food factor
- 4.4 The vet factor
- 4.5 Vaccination cost
- 4.6 Grooming cost
- 4.7 Golden Retriever accessories cost
- 4.8 Training cost
- 4.9 Treat cost
- 4.10 Golden Retriever insurance cost
- 4.11 Golden Retriever walking and other services cost
- 4.12 Travel cost
- 5 A note on the health of the Golden Retriever in India
- 6 Alternatives to a Golden Retriever in India
- 7 Conclusion: Golden Retriever dog price in India
Golden Retriever puppy price in India
Golden Retriever puppy cost in India varies from one city to another. Several factors influence the price of a Golden Retriever puppy, such as the puppy’s quality, the reputation of the breeder, demand, location, etc. play a major role in a Golden Retriever’s sale price.
If you are looking to buy a Golden Retriever puppy and want advice, you are in the right place. We at barks.in have extensive experience in dealing with dogs in India. We also work with several leading and reputable dog breeders in the country.
Understanding the Golden Retriever dog price in India
Our post, the Golden Retriever puppy price in India, intends to establish guidelines for both the buyer and seller of Golden Retrievers in India. Remember, dog prices can vary significantly; an imported Golden Retriever puppy can cost several lakh rupees. We consider these variances as exceptions. Our Golden Retriever price list, on the other hand, works on averages.
Is the Golden Retriever the right dog for you?
If you are looking to buy a Golden Retriever for your home, we encourage you to take the simple quiz below. Most first-time dog owners find it difficult to decide on the right dog breed for their family.
Try to answer these simple questions, and we can help you choose the right dog breed for your family. To retake the quiz, please refresh the page.
Golden Retriever price list in India
|City||Pet quality (₹)||Show quality (₹)||Total Annual** cost (₹)||Food cost* (₹)||Vet cost* (₹)||Grooming cost* (₹)||Accessories cost* (₹)||Treat cost* (₹)||Insurance cost* (₹)||Others * (₹)|
Reading the Golden Retriever price list
- Cost of Golden Retriever adjusted based on the cost of living expenses in these cities.
- Prices in Indian Rupees
- ** Does not include the puppy cost
- * Average monthly cost
How to choose a pure breed Golden Retriever in India?
The trouble with puppies is that they all look cute. It is impossible to know the pedigree of a litter by looking at them. The only way to be sure that your Golden is a purebred pup and not a crossbreed is to do the following.
- Learn about the Golden Retriever breed before buying a puppy. You can read its breed standard to identify faults.
- Buy only from a reputable breeder. Check if the breeder has links to the Golden Retriever Club of India.
- Never buy from a pet store directly. Ask the pet shop owner to take you to the breeder and insist on seeing the puppy’s parents.
- Pet shops use terms like English Golden Retriever or English Cream Golden Retriever or White Golden Retriever. As a dog lover, you must know about the Golden Retriever breed before you buy a puppy.
- Also, a Golden Retriever will look similar to a Labrador Retriever when they are young. Check before you buy it.
Factors that influence the Golden Retriever price in India
Golden Retriever is one of the most popular family dogs in the world. In India, people love Goldens for their gentle temperament, beautiful looks, and love for kids. These dogs can also live in apartments, villas, and rural settings and are excellent pets for first-time dog owners. No wonder they are a famous dog!
The following are some key factors that play a vital role in Golden Retriever price in India.
Golden Retriever Puppy cost
Golden Retrievers, due to their popularity, fetch a premium price. An Indian Golden Retriever’s price varies based on the breeder, show versus pet quality puppy, location, and Kennel Club of India registration. Golden Retrievers in India cost between ₹12,000 to ₹40,000.
Most of us don’t need a perfect puppy that has exceptional show features. So choose a dog breeder who has affordable rates. The following are the crucial factors that influence the price of a Golden puppy.
- Show quality Golden Retriever VS pet quality Golden Retriever – A Golden puppy’s price depends on its quality. Dog breeders use the word “quality” to define how closely a puppy conforms to its breed standards. The Kennel Club of India recognizes this breed and certifies its pedigree. KCI follow UKC (United Kennel Club) breed standards.
- Male puppy versus female pup – In India, a male puppy will cost you more than a female Golden puppy. From a breed standpoint, there is no difference in temperament between the two. Some believe a male puppy is a better guard dog than a female. There is no proof to support this theory.
- Shih Tzu breeder – Buying your puppy from a reputable breeder will cost more. Get your purebred Golden Retriever from a reputable breeder to avoid disappointments. Many people get fooled into buying a mixed breed or crossbreed by shady breeders.
- Demand – The price of a Golden Retriever dog also depends on the demand. These dogs are popular in large cities, so expect prices to be higher in metros.
- Location – Your city will also influence the Golden retriever price. Pups from big metro cities are more expensive than from rural areas and smaller cities.
The breeder factor
There are four types of dog breeders in India.
- Pet store
- Puppy mills or Breeders of profit
- Brokers or the middlemen
- Reputable breeders
- Regular breeders
The quality and price of your puppy Golden Retriever depend on the breeder. Remember, when it comes to buying Golden Retrievers, cheaper is NOT better. Finding the right reputable breeder will ensure a worry-free ownership experience.
You will find Golden Retriever pups in most pet shops. Golden Retriever puppies look cute and cuddly and are easy to sell. Most pet shops work with puppy farms in mass-producing (literally!) mixed Golden Retriever.
Never buy your puppy directly from a pet shop. Never buy from anyone but the Golden Retriever breeder. Pet shops look at only margins and can never guarantee their litter’s purity or give you a healthy pup.
Some pet shops even claim to have KCI certificates, don’t fall into that trap. They buy KCI papers of a deceased Golden puppy from breeders and use it on their litter. Buy your Golden Retriever from a pet shop only after ensuring the following.
- Insist on meeting the breeder. If the pet shop owner does not allow or claims that he is the breeder, stay away.
- If he takes you to the breeder, ask to meet the puppy’s parents along with the puppy.
- Verify facts. Most pet shops will claim that they have show winner puppies. Ask them for proof.
Puppy mills or Breeders of profit
You want to stay away from this lot. These are people whose sole purpose is profit. Since money is vital for them, they neglect their dogs and don’t provide proper care.
Some puppy mills operate by buying inferior quality and crossbred Golden Retrievers from owners and selling these pups for profit. They use terms such as top quality, dog show winner, pure lineage, etc. to lure buyers. They also charge as little as ₹5,000 for a Golden Retriever pup.
Brokers or middlemen
Brokers play an essential role in Golden Retriever sales. Brokers in India bring buyers and breeders together. Brokers typically take 10% to 15% commission from the resulting sale.
If you plan to buy a Golden through a broker, insist on meeting the breeder. Most brokers will be more than happy to take you to the breeder. Buying your puppy through a broker is not a bad choice.
There are several reputable breeders of Golden Retrievers throughout India. The best place to start your search for a reputable breeder is dogsindia.com. This website has a list of top breeders in the country. Dogsindia.com also has a “puppies available” page were reputable breeders post ads.
Remember, the quality of a pup dictates its price. Buying from a top breeder will be expensive. However, it will guarantee the quality of your puppy.
Regular breeders are serious dog fanciers who love their dogs and enjoy sharing them with others. These are people who breed their dogs occasionally.
If you are looking for a household pet, we recommend finding a regular breeder and getting their pup. It is easy to spot a regular breeder. These are the people who have a pair at home. Reputable breeders typically have one male and several female dogs, whereas regular breeders have one dog or a pair.
The dog food factor
Dog food will be your highest recurring expense. Today in India, several commercial dog food brands make a range of products. Depending on the brand you choose, your dog food cost will vary.
We recommend that you read our review of top dog food in India to get a good idea of the costs involved.
The vet factor
Before you buy a Golden puppy, it is generally good to visit a veterinarian near you. Discussing with the vet will give you a good idea of all the medical expenses you incur.
All dogs need vaccination against common canine diseases. Your vet will give you a vaccination card. You can use the card to follow the vaccination schedule for your dog. We recommend reading our post on Golden Retrievers in India to understand a Golden Retriever’s vaccination schedule.
Neutering is not mandatory but highly recommended for people who don’t intend to breed their dogs. Remember, spaying is a surgical procedure. If you don’t have good veterinary care in your city, then it is not advisable.
Depending on the city and the vet, spaying can cost you up to ₹10,000. While neutering has health benefits for the dog, it is not advisable without proper vet care.
Deworming and other medical expenses
Dogs need deworming regularly. Consult your vet on the medicine to use, as the dosage is proportional to the dog’s body weight. In India, Golden Retrievers needs deworming every three to four months. Worming tablets are not expensive; each one will cost you approx ₹100.
Also, remember Golden Retrievers are active dogs and enjoy playing rough. You will need the following handy.
- Antiseptic spray, cotton, and band-aids.
- Ticks and flea powder, shampoos, and medication.
- Ear drops to prevent ear infection.
Golden Retrievers have a lush double coat. This breed is a high shedding one that requires daily grooming. We don’t recommend taking your Golden Retriever to a grooming service because it is easy to groom your dog yourself.
Grooming your dog improves the bond between you and your dog, it is the least expensive way to maintain your dog, and it is fun. You will need the following to groom your dog.
- High-quality brush
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Dog nail clippers
These are not expensive, but these are expenses that you will incur.
Golden Retriever accessories cost
Your dog will need the following.
- Clicker, if you prefer clicker training.
- Toys – Goldens love to play fetch. A tennis ball should keep them engaged.
Golden Retrievers are intelligent dogs. They are the 4th most intelligent dog on the planet. Paying for a trainer who can train your dog is not a bad idea. Dog training is not expensive in India. You should be able to find a trainer for ₹5,000 to ₹7,000.
All dogs love treats. Treats are the best way to train your Golden Retriever. The cost of a Golden Retriever treat varies depending on the brand, quality, and size. Homemade treats just as fine as any commercial treat. These dogs love boiled eggs, chicken, and soups. Go ahead and treat your dog.
Golden Retriever insurance cost
Insurance premium for a Golden Retriever that covers medical expenses will cost you ₹3,500 to ₹13,000 from Pawtechindia.com. Pawtech and Bajaj Allianz are the only insurance companies in India that cover medical expenses for dogs. We believe the premiums are higher from Pawtech. We recommend that you select Bajaj Allianz’s pet insurance.
Golden Retriever walking and other services cost
Dog walking and sitting services is a booming industry in India. If you plan on a vacation and need a place for your dog, you can use sitting services. Dog boarding services are expensive, will cost between ₹1,500 to ₹5,000.
If you plan to take your dog on vacation, you need to account for travel costs. If you travel within India, the best form of transport for pets is the Indian Railways.
A note on the health of the Golden Retriever in India
Without a doubt, choose a healthy puppy. Never choose a puppy that is sick or sluggish. You want your Golden companion puppy to be active, attentive, and confident.
Golden Retriever is a healthy breed with few health issues. They are prone to eye issues, skin issues due to heat, and hip dysplasia, which affects the back legs.
Alternatives to a Golden Retriever in India
You can consider these breeds if you are unable to find a Golden Retriever in your city.
- German Shepherd
- Indian Spitz
- Miniature Golden Retriever – Rare in India
- Pug puppy
- Labrador puppy
- Dalmatian puppy
- Pomeranian puppy
- Beagle puppy
Remember, native Indian dog breeds are also an excellent choice. Indian dogs thrive in our weather and are easy to maintain.
Conclusion: Golden Retriever dog price in India
Living with a Golden Retriever in India is fun and joyous. These dogs are excellent companions and family pets that your entire family will cherish. Understanding the total cost of ownership before you buy a puppy should give an idea about all the costs involved in owning a Golden in India.
Please read our detailed post for a complete list of dog prices in India. We have accurate pricing for over 100 breeds of dogs.