- 1 Review of Philips HL7756/00 750 watt mixer grinder
- 2 Ratings of Philips HL7756/00 750W mixer grinder
- 3 Key features of the Philips HL7756/00
- 4 Now a closer look at the Philips HL7756/00 750W mixer grinder
- 5 Key differentiators of the Philips HL7756/00 mixer grinder from others in the market
- 6 Similar Philips mixer grinders, upgrades, etc.
- 7 Alternatives to the Philips HL7756/00 750W MG
- 8 Alternate places to buy the Philips HL7756/00 750W mixer grinder
- 9 Conclusion: Philips HL7756/00 mixer grinder review
Review of Philips HL7756/00 750 watt mixer grinder
The Philips HL7756/00 750W is one of the top-selling MGs on Amazon. In this post, the review of Philips HL7756/00 750W, we dig deep to find out what makes so many of us choose the Philips HL7756/00.
We call the Philips HL7756/00 the “get on with it mixer grinder.” The HL7756/00 goes about its tasks without any fuss. Be it wet grinding your idly batters or dry grinding your masalas and the Philips HL7756/00 does not disappoint.
The HL7756/00 comes with a 750W turbo motor, 3 stainless steel jars, ok build quality, and the typical 3 speed controls with a pulse option. In short, nothing fancy, “get on with it” mixer. The unique triangular body design is not a head-turner but has a mature and wise look, more like an unfazed sage ready to work.
Leaky jars, noisy motor, fixed blade design (can’t replace worn out blades), 1-liter jar comes without a gasket (why Philips, why!), and small-sized jars are a few things that we did not like.
Overall, the Philips HL7756/00 is an excellent upgrade for people coming from a 500W or a 600W MG. However, the HL7756/00 is not a good downgrade option.
+ The Good
- The 750W turbo motor with the advanced air ventilation system is one of the best at this price point.
- Lots of positive feedback on Amazon with an excellent 4-stars rating.
- An affordable price. Less than ₹3500 for a 750W, 3-jar mixer grinder
- Attractive design, mid-range build quality, ease of use, and the HL7756/00 MOs.
- Has a “get on with it” feel to it
- The Philips HL7756/00 can perform most kitchen tasks, from blending chutneys to grinding masalas.
- 5 years warranty on the motor boasts confidence.
– The Bad
- Think of the HL7756/00 as a low-end 750W mixer grinder. There is nothing special here.
- You get what you paid for; HL7756/00’s build quality reflects its price.
- The lack of a small rubber gasket on the 1-liter is baffling. Philips, are you listening?
- Not a juicer mixer grinder nor a food processor
- All three jars have fixed blades. What happens after they become blunt?
- Take the hands of the lid while grinding, and you will immediately decorate your kitchen floor. Then how do you close your ears from all that noise?
- Not the greatest after-sales support and most definitely not the best warranty (2-year).
Ratings of Philips HL7756/00 750W mixer grinder
- Overall 65.25% 65.25%
- Design 65% 65%
- Performance 75% 75%
- Ease of use 67% 67%
- Customer Support 54% 54%
Key features of the Philips HL7756/00
Advanced air ventilation system
Food grade stainless steel jars
Triangular body design
Now a closer look at the Philips HL7756/00 750W mixer grinder
While there are 1000s of models from several companies to choose from, buying a mixer grinder is easy as long as you consider a few vital parameters. Here is where our review of Philips HL7756/00 should help you. We use simple, practical, easy, logic to evaluate the HL7756/00 mixer grinder.
- Design – HL7756/00’s build quality, life, jars, and other accessories
- Performance – HL7756/00 750W motor’s ability to be useful around your kitchen. Grinding masalas, chutney, and batters for idli & dosa.
- Ease of use – Is the HL7756/00 easy to clean and use? Can I go hands-free?
- Support – What happens when you end up with a lemon (broken/repair piece)?
The Philips HL7756/00 boasts a ‘wise’ look. Its design is neither subtle nor crafty. The HL7756/00’s black ABS body is pleasing to the eyes, robust, and the smooth triangular design makes it easy to clean. Of course, there are better-looking MGs in the market. Hamilton Beach 58770-IN, for instance, looks good, but it costs a bomb compared to the Philips HL7756/00.
The Philips HL7756/00’s base unit is tough and should last long. The same cannot be said about its flimsy jars, though! While the jars are stainless steel, they are not robust. Even the jar handles are made from cheap plastic. Overall, the HL7756/00’s build quality reflects its price. After all, this mixer grinder costs less than ₹3500.
In the box
Philips ships the HL7756/00 with 3 jars, the base unit, a manual, and the warranty card. The power cord material is good but is short. You need to find a spot that is close to the power socket. We wish Philips had taken note of these small things and addressed them.
The HL7756/00 comes with the standard 3 stainless steel jars. Weirdly, all the 3 jars have fixed blades. What happens when they become blunt or break? The wet jar has a jar capacity of 1.5 liters, and you should be able to grind your idli and dosa batters. You can use the 1-liter multipurpose jar for blending masalas and the smaller 0.3-liter chutney jar to make smooth chutneys. None of the jars have lid locks. Taking your hands off the lid will ensure that your kitchen gets a nice splash of batter.
The HL7756/00 is compact and not overly large. It measures just 36 x 22 x 27 cm. It’s merely 17 inches tall, not an ugly dinosaur.
Philips HL7756/00’s base boasts a unique triangular body design which should make it easy to maintain. The ABS body material does not have any soundproofing, coupled with the slender jars, and this is one noisy mixie. The base, however, is planted and does not move while grinding. The legs have vacuum pads that hold them in place.
The best thing about the HL7756/00 is its powerful 750W motor. It is capable of handling tough ingredients such as turmeric with ease. With a continuous runtime of 25 minutes, the HL7756/00 excels in handling tough ingredients with ease.
Don’t be alarmed! The 750W motor varnish heats up and gives out a burning smell after the first few uses. This should go away in subsequent uses.
Control and Speed
Like most mixer grinders in India, the HL7756/00 750 watts mixer grinder comes with a 3-speed control knob (momentary operation) and a pulse option. It lacks overload protection, internal cooling, auto cut-off, etc.
Blending - Soups, juices, and smoothies
The Philips HL7756/00 750W does a fine job blending things together. Your fruit smoothies will be silky smooth because the powerful 750W motor dispatches everything with relative ease. Also, it does a fabulous job making coconut chutneys. Use the 1.2liter wet jar for blending.
Wet grinding - Idli and Dosa Batter
The HL7756/00 excels in wet grinding. While the jars are a letdown, the 750W motor makes short work of idly batters. While you cannot always rely on this mixer grinder for dosa batter, it is handy when used one-off times.
Dry grinding - Masala
The Philips HL7756/00 750W dispatches turmeric, pepper, biryani masala, and masala for every other dish with ease. Have earphones or headphones or anything on your ears while grinding hard items. This is a noisy mixie.
Ease of use
The Philips HL7756/00 750 watts mixer grinder is easy to use. The jars fit the lids, but this is not a hands-free unit. Don’t take your hands off the lid while grinding. Overall, it makes life easy by aiding in easy operation.
The triangular body makes it easy to clean. Ensure that you use a wet cloth to wipe the base unit after each use. The jars, too, are easy to clean.
The ABS plastic offers excellent electrical insulation. But features like an auto cut-off, jar lid locks, overload protection, etc., are amiss in the Philips HL7756/00. You should always be careful while cleaning the jars as the blades are sharp.
Philips customer support needs improvement. Searching through Amazon reviews, we could find several unhappy and frustrated customers. We can only wish that the customer support improves.
Key differentiators of the Philips HL7756/00 mixer grinder from others in the market
The following factors make the Philips HL7756/00 is one of the best in the market today.
The Philips HL7756/00’s 750W motor makes it the most powerful in the sub ₹3,500 range
At less than ₹3,500, the Philips HL7756/00 mixer is the cheapest 750W mixer grinder in the market
The HL7756/00 is a looker, elegant and tasteful.
Similar Philips mixer grinders, upgrades, etc.
The below are some of the other mixer grinders from Philips’s stable that you can consider.
Alternatives to the Philips HL7756/00 750W MG
Below are other top mixer grinders in the market that you can consider.
- Hamilton Beach 58770 – One of the best in the market.
- Sujata Powermatic Plus – Excellent JMG
- Bajaj Rex – One of the best-selling mixers on Amazon
- Other top sellers on Amazon
Alternate places to buy the Philips HL7756/00 750W mixer grinder
You can buy the Philips HL7756/00 from several online and offline retailers across India. Remember, when buying online, always choose a reliable retailer with returns.
Conclusion: Philips HL7756/00 mixer grinder review
This Philips mixer grinder with its 750W motor, 3 SS jars, and sleek looks is appealing. That’s why this mixer grinder remains one of the top-selling mixers on Amazon.
We conclude that the HL7756/00 is a perfect multipurpose kitchen appliance for homes looking at within the budget plus a powerful mixie. It is simple, hard-working, and simply a get on with it mixie.
Remember, a product that costs less than ₹3500 will not be perfect. You could also consider the Bajaj Classic mixer grinder if the HLC7756/00 does not meet your requirements. If you are willing to stretch your budget a bit(double it), the Sujata Powermatic Plus is a good choice.
Please leave a comment if you liked (or disliked) our review of the Philips HL7756/00 750W.
While barks.in focuses on dog lovers, we also want our site to provide consumer advice to our readers. Hence we are launching a product review section.
You may also like our review of the best dog food in India.