- 1 Dobermann price in India
- 2 What is the cost of Doberman in India?
- 3 Why should you trust our Doberman dog price?
- 4 A brief look at Doberman in India
- 5 Doberman dog price
- 6 Absolute Doberman essentials that a pet parent must have
- 7 How to read our Doberman puppy price in all major cities in India?
- 8 How to choose an original Doberman in India?
- 9 Factors that influence the total cost of ownership of Dobermann
- 10 Alternatives to a Doberman in India
- 11 Conclusion: Doberman dog price
Dobermann price in India
Doberman Pinscher is one of the best guard dog breeds in the world. Energetic, obedient, smart, fearless, loyal, alert, and Confident are the hallmarks of this dog breed. Doberman is a popular dog breed in India because of its ability to guard and protect homes.
If you are looking to buy a Doberman Pinscher dog and have questions, you are in the right place. In this post, Doberman price in India, we take you through all that you need to know when you bring home a Doberman puppy, including all the expenses you will incur when you become a pet parent.
Contrary to what many believe, a Dobermann, despite their aggressive looks, is an excellent family dog. Owning a Doberman puppy is an unforgettable experience. We at barks.in have the first-hand experience with this beautiful dog breed. You cannot go wrong with this dog.
Your entire family will love this loyal dog. In return, this dog will reward you by protecting your family with its life. Remember, while having a Dobermann is lovely, it is also a responsibility. Doberman puppies are just like us and need our love and care.
Most of us are guilty of assuming that our costs stop after buying a Doberman puppy. In reality, your expenses begin only after your puppy comes home. We don’t realize this because the initial price of the Doberman breed is high.
Owning a large dog like the Doberman Pinscher can quickly become expensive. Dog food and puppy accessories are not cheap. Hence, we urge you to understand Doberman’s price in India before you buy your puppy.
What is the cost of Doberman in India?
Doberman dog, due to its popularity, is available in most Indian cities. It is easy to find a Doberman breeder in most cities. Watch out! Doberman’s are also one of the most abused breeds in India. Puppy mills often sell Doberman mix puppy as a purebred Doberman.
Doberman’s price in India is reasonable and not overly expensive. The average cost of a Doberman pup in India ranges between ₹15,000 to ₹40,000.
Remember, a Doberman pup’s price depends on several factors, such as the city, quality of the puppy, breeder, bloodline (European Doberman and American Doberman), etc. Don’t be surprised if a top reputable breeder demands well over ₹40,000 for his litter.
Most of us don’t need a perfect puppy that has exceptional show features. So choose a Doberman dog breeder who has affordable rates.
Factors that influence the price of a Doberman Pinscher puppy
The following are the crucial factors that influence the price of a Doberman Pinscher puppy.
- Show quality Doberman VS pet quality Doberman – A Doberman puppy’s price depends on its quality. Breeders use “quality” to define how closely a puppy conforms to its breed standards. The Kennel Club of India recognizes the Doberman breed and certifies its pedigree. In India, Dobermans win most of the titles in dog shows, including several best in show (BIS) awards. KCI follow UKC (United Kennel Club) breed standards.
- Male Doberman versus female pup – In India, a male puppy will cost you more than a female Doberman puppy. Choose a puppy that best suits your family.
- Doberman breeder – Buying your puppy from a reputable breeder will cost more. But buying from a reputable breeder will ensure that you get a dog with a top pedigree. Many dog lovers get fooled into buying a mixed breed or crossbreed.
- Bloodline – There are two popular bloodlines in India. The American Doberman has a mild temperament and makes excellent family dogs. On the other hand, a European Doberman is best suited as a guard dog.
- Demand – The price of a Doberman dog also depends on the demand. These dogs are popular in large cities, so expect prices to be higher.
- Location – Your city will also influence the Doberman price. These dogs are popular in the South Indian states. If you live in South India, your puppy will cost you more.
Why should you trust our Doberman dog price?
Don’t believe everything that you read on the internet. We agree, 100%. So why trust barks.in? The following are some of the reasons why you should trust our Doberman puppy price in India.
- We have a first-hand experience with Dobermans in India.
- We have nothing to gain by providing this information. Our sole motive is to provide accurate and relevant information to dog owners across the country. Barks.in is not a pet shop or a kennel.
- We have over 30 years of experience in the Indian pet industry. We know how it works!
- We are dog lovers with lots of hands-on experience to share.
- We also work hand-in-hand with other dog breeders, dog brokers, and vets in India.
Above all, we love dogs and want to share our experience with others like us.
A brief look at Doberman in India
Dobermann is from Germany, developed by Karl Friedrich Louis Dobermann, a tax collector from Germany. Dobermann Pinscher combines several top dog breeds such as the Beauceron, German Pinscher, Rottweiler, and Weimaraner.
The Doberman is a large breed of dog and cannot live in apartments. This dog breed needs open space and daily exercise to be happy and healthy. If you own a property, a farm, or a factory, then this is the dog for you. This guard dog will protect your property and ensure its safety.
The great thing about this dog is that they are well suited for India. They thrive in our weather and don’t need any special care like a German Shepherd.
Doberman is a healthy breed of dog and has a life span of 9 to 12 years. Dobermans are also easy to train and obedient—one reason why this dog is a police dog.
Doberman coat and colors in India
Did you know that a blue Doberman exists? Blue Dobermans are rare and look grey. This dog comes in black, blue, red, and fawn (Isabella) colors. Watch out! There is no white Doberman. Don’t be fooled!
The Doberman has a short-single coat. It is easy to spot a healthy puppy, as its coat will have a silky glow/oily shine.
Doberman health in India
Doberman is a healthy breed with few ailments. They are prone to heart issues, skin issues due to heat, and luxating patella & hip dysplasia, which affects the back legs.
A dog owner should learn about the breed before buying a puppy. Never walk into a pet store and walk out with a Doberman puppy. Learn all about the breed before you bring one home. The following are vital aspects of dog ownership.
- Provide your dog with high-quality dog food
- Provide a safe place for your Dobermann to live
- Provide physical exercise for it lead a healthy life
The cost of owning dogs in India is increasing, and as a pet parent, you need to have a solid financial plan to enjoy joyous ownership.
Doberman dog price
|City||Pet quality (₹)||Show quality (₹)||Total Annual cost (₹)||Food cost * (₹)||Vet cost * (₹)||Grooming cost * (₹)||Accessories cost * (₹)||Treat cost * (₹)||Insurance cost * (₹)||Others * (₹)|
Reading the Doberman price list
- The cost of the Dobermann dog is adjusted based on the cost of living expenses in these cities.
- Prices in Indian Rupees
- ** Does not include the initial Doberman puppy price
- * Average monthly cost
Absolute Doberman essentials that a pet parent must have
|Puppy milk||Dog food||Buy now|
|RC Starter||Dog food||Buy now|
|RC Junior||Dry dog food||Buy now|
|RC Adult||Dry dog food||Buy now|
|Treats||Dog food||Buy now|
|Puppy shampoo||Accessory||Buy now|
|Adult shampoo||Accessory||Buy now|
|Ticks and Flea||Med||Buy now|
|Puppy dewormer||Med||Buy now|
|Adult dewormer||Med||Buy now|
|Injury spray||Med||Buy now|
|Hair trimmer||Accessory||Buy now|
|Nail clipper||Accessory||Buy now|
|Spine and Elbow||Med||Buy now|
How to read our Doberman puppy price in all major cities in India?
There are no standard prices for dogs in India. Each Dobermann breeder set a price for his litter based on factors such as
- His reputation in the market
- The pedigree of his dogs
- Expenses he incurs
As a dog breeder and pet owner with several years of experience in India, we know all the dynamics in pricing a litter. More importantly, we know how much it costs to provide proper care for a Dobermann. By proper care, we assume the following.
- Dobermann puppy from a good breeder – Our price assumes a purebred Doberman puppy is from a genuine breeder with KCI papers. A puppy mill will sell their mixed breed puppies for much less. Our Doberman price list ignores such cases.
- Cost for providing the best care for your puppy – You can be the best pet parent or an awful one. We assume that you will spend money to provide adequate care for your dog.
- Cost of high-quality dog food – Our puppy price assumes that you will provide your dog with high-quality dog food.
In short, when you read our post, kindly assume that the prices indicated here considers what is best for your dog and not your pocket.
How to choose an original Doberman in India?
The trouble with puppies is that they all puppies cute. For new dog owners, a Doberman puppy will look similar to a Rottweiler puppy. It is impossible to know the pedigree of a litter by looking at them. The only way to be sure that your Doberman Pinscher is a purebred pup and not a crossbreed is to do the following.
- Learn about the Doberman breed before buying a puppy. You can read its breed standard to identify faults.
- Buy only from a reputable breeder.
- Never buy from a pet shop directly. Ask the pet store owner to take you to the breeder and insist on meeting the parent dogs.
Factors that influence the total cost of ownership of Dobermann
Let us now look at all the factors that influence a Doberman dog price in India. Being a dog owner is a joyful and rewarding experience. Learning all the costs involved will help you plan your budget better. Remember, owning a dog is a responsibility. Only buy a dog if you can take care of it. Never buy a puppy on impulse.
Doberman Puppy price
The Doberman puppy price will be your first expense. Pedigree puppies are expensive and are available only from good breeders. Please choose your puppy only from a top breeder. Only from a good breeder you can expect a purebred pup.
Watch out! Don’t go overboard and spend a lot of money buying a show quality puppy. Most of us need only pet quality puppies. A pet quality puppy has some minor flaws, don’t worry, get a pet quality puppy.
Remember, only one or two puppies from a litter are show quality, and the rest are pet quality puppies. Don’t let the breeder fool you by claiming all his puppies are show worthy.
Remember, pet quality does not mean a mixed breed. The following factors influence the puppy price.
- The dog breeder – His reputation and the pedigree of his dogs
- The quality of the puppy – Show versus pet quality
- A male pup versus female pup
The reputation of the breeder
There are good breeders and top breeders. A puppy from a top breeder will be much more expensive than one from a good breeder. The breeder’s reputation plays a vital role in the puppy price.
For a top breeder, his dog’s welfare will be paramount, and they spare no expense in providing the best care for his dogs. Also, top breeders have dogs from the best bloodlines. Hence, they charge a premium for their litter.
Quality of the pup
When it comes to puppy prices, the better the bloodline more expensive the dog. Talk to multiple breeders, and it will help you understand top bloodlines in India. Remember, South India has some of the best Dobermans in our country.
You can also search on the internet about the dog’s lineage to verify breeders’ claims. Madras Canine Club, for instance, has all the show winners listed on their website. Since dog shows are popular, you can ask the breeder to show newspaper clippings or photos that show that their dogs were show winners.
Watch out! a litter from a show winner will be several thousand rupees higher than non-show winners dogs. Unless you are very particular about the quality of your pup, get a pet quality puppy.
Male versus female pup
We don’t have any recommendation on which is better. Male pups tend to be more active and than female. On the other hand, female puppies are more attentive and protective. These differences are very subtle. As a pet parent, you will not be able to notice these differences. Male Doberman pups are costlier (₹3,000 to ₹5,000 higher) than female pups.
The place from which you buy your puppy
You can buy your puppy from any one of the below places. We recommend that you buy from a good breeder.
You will find a Doberman litter in most pet shops. These puppies are in demand and are easy to sell. Most pet shops work with puppy farms in mass-producing (literally!) mixed puppies.
Never buy your puppy directly from a pet shop. Never buy from anyone but the breeder. Pet shops look at only margins and can never guarantee the purity of their litter.
Some pet shops even claim to have KCI papers, don’t fall into that trap. They buy KCI papers of a deceased puppy from breeders and use it on their litter. Buy your dog from a pet store only after ensuring the following.
- Insist on meeting the breeder. If the pet shop owner does not allow or claims that he is the breeder, stay away.
- If he takes you to the breeder, ask to meet the puppy’s parents along with the puppy.
- Verify facts. Most pet shops will claim that they have show winner puppies. Ask them for proof.
Puppy mills (quite literally) mass-produce puppies and sell them. They operate only for profit and don’t give any care to their dogs. Stay away from a puppy mill at all costs.
It is easy to spot a puppy mill. Since their only goal is to sell their puppy, they will haggle over price. They use words such as show winner, purebred puppy, European line, etc. don’t fall for their ploys.
The next best place (after reputable breeders) is to buy your pup through a dog broker. Did you know, a majority of dog sales in India happen through brokers? Brokers work with multiple breeders in their locality and have an excellent understanding of the dogs’ pedigree that they sell.
Without brokers, it is impossible (even for top breeders) to sell their pups. The good thing about buying your puppy from a broker is the choices you get. Since they work with several breeders, you get to select your puppy from multiple litters.
The best place to buy your Doberman – Reputable Breeders
There is no better place to buy your puppy than from a reputable breeder. Find a reputable breeder and if they don’t have a litter, wait. If you want worry-free ownership, choose your puppy from a reputable breeder. Buying your puppy from a reputable breeder has several pros, such as.
- Purity, pedigree, and quality
- Less chance of health issues when your dog grows up
- A good breeder will provide guidance and answer questions
You can find top Doberman breeders on dogsindia.com. Top breeders also register their kennel with KCI. Buy your puppy from your city and not from a different city. Also, never make payments online before you see the puppy.
Regular home breeders
Regular breeders are serious dog fanciers who breed their dogs occasionally. They are not professional breeders but people who own top quality dogs and breed them as a hobby.
Buying your Doberman from a home breeder is an excellent choice. Talk to dog brokers in your area to find one. Buying from a home breeder has several pros, such as
- Excellent puppy at a low price
- Dogs with the right mental and physical character
- Guidance from the dog owner
Other recurring costs
The following are additional costs that you will incur when you own a Doberman in India.
The dog food cost
Dogs need proper nutrition (fit for their age and weight) to reach their best shape. Since this is a large breed, we recommend that you buy a top dog food such as the Royal Canin Maxi food.
Food for your dog will be your single highest monthly expense. Dogs need protein-rich food. Kindly don’t assume that your puppy can thrive only on homemade food.
We recommend that you read our top dog food review in India to learn all about feeding your dog. On average, expect your monthly food cost to be between ₹5,500 to ₹7,500 depending on the dog food brand you choose.
Vet cost for your Doberman
Before you buy your puppy, find a vet near you. A vet can give you facts about this breed’s health, which should give you an idea about your medical expenses. Expect your average annual medical expense to be around ₹4,000. The following will be your medical expenses for your dog.
- Vaccination expense
- Neutering/Spaying cost
Your puppy will need vaccinations against common diseases found in India. Parvovirus is a deadly disease that affects puppies less than six months of age. Never take your Doberman puppy out for a walk before its vaccination.
Parvo is a fatal disease that spreads through the soil, and puppies easily contract it. Check with your breeder to know if your puppy had the Parvo vaccine. Remember to complete all the vaccines for your puppy on time. A vaccination schedule card from your vet will help you to keep track of the vaccinations. Each vaccine in India costs between ₹750 to ₹1,500.
Spaying or sterilizing your dog has several health benefits for your Doberman. We recommend that you sterilize your dog if you don’t intend to breed your dog. Please note, breeding Dobermans is not for everyone.
Neutering is a surgical procedure that requires expert vet care. Don’t opt to spay your dog if you don’t have good veterinary care in your city.
The cost of neutering varies from one city to another. In smaller Indian cities, it can cost you between ₹4,000 to ₹6,000, whereas in metros, it can cost up to ₹12,000.
Deworming and other medical expenses
Deworm your puppy regularly. Deworming will help your puppy to retain nutrition from its food. The dosage is proportional to your dog’s body weight. Your vet will be able to guide you with the correct dosage. Worming medicine is not expensive; each tablet will cost you approx ₹100.
All puppies are playful and sometimes hurt themselves while playing. Be ready with antiseptic sprays, bandages, and Savlon. In addition to this, you will also need
- Antiseptic spray, cotton, and band-aids. Approx ₹500
- Ticks and flea powder, shampoos, etc. Approx ₹1,500
Doberman’s short coat does not require much care. Grooming your dog once a week should help you to manage its shedding. Never bathe your dog more than once a month. Don’t make the mistake of using human soaps and shampoos on your puppy.
Your dog will need items such as a towel, bed, collar & leash, food & water bowls, and play toys. You can expect the accessories cost to be approx ₹3,500.
Dobermans are an aggressive breed. We recommend that you hire a trainer for your dog, and it will cost you approx ₹5,000 to ₹7,000 per month.
We don’t recommend commercial treats for your puppy. Homemade treats such as eggs, cheese, paneer, meat, and veggies are better and healthier.
Dog insurance cost in India
Doberman is a healthy breed and does not require health insurance. However, we recommend that you get a liability insurance cover. Dobermans can attack strangers, and a liability cover will pay for legal expenses. Get a pet insurance policy with a theft cover. Read our extensive post about pet insurance in India to choose the best pet insurer in India.
Pet health insurance from Pawtechindia.com will cost you between ₹6,000 to ₹9,000, while Bajaj Allianz will be cheaper at less than ₹1,000.
Dog walking and other services cost
In India, you can hire a dog walker for your puppy. A dog walker will charge you ₹500 to ₹1,500 per month. We don’t recommend a dog walker for this breed. Dobermans don’t like to interact with strangers and need proper socialization before they can trust strangers.
The best way to travel is to take your dog along in your car or use the train. If you don’t plan to take your puppy along, you can choose a boarding kennel or a dog hotel while you are away.
Alternatives to a Doberman in India
You can consider these breeds if you are unable to find a Doberman in your city.
- Siberian Husky
- German Shepherd Dog
- Miniature Pinscher
- Golden Retriever
- Labrador puppy
Remember, native Indian dog breeds are also an excellent choice. Indian dogs thrive in our weather and are easy to maintain.
Conclusion: Doberman dog price
Doberman Pinscher is a beautiful family dog. They are fearless, loving, affectionate, and excellent guard dogs. Remember, Dobermans need special care due to their aggressive nature. If you are a first-time dog owner, learn about this dog’s temperament before you buy one. You can expect your annual expense for your dog to be less than ₹90,000.